Monday, March 13, 2006

 

Playlist: 26 February 2006

Playlist for Feb 26, 2006:

MC Que "Waters Breakin'"
Akrobatik "Remind My Soul"
Handsome Boy Modelling School feat. De La Soul "The Projects" *
Buck 65 "Wicked and Weird"
Walki Talkies "Was The Days Go By"
Hilltop Hoods "Clown Prince"
Kutmasta Kurt feat. Del and Mr Lif "360 Degrees" (Remix)
Onyx "Slam Harder"
Blindhoarse "Signs"
Supreme NTM "That's My People" #
Dilated Peoples "Heavy Lighting"
Blackstar "Thieves In The Night"
Atmosphere "Get Fly"
DJ Bjornar 'Neida' "Notte Instrumental" ^
DJ JS-1 with Jeru The Damaja "Won't Stop"
Jean Grae "Thank Ya"

* Spot That Sample: Howlin' Wolf
# Foreign Legion Track of the Week: France
^ Beat Of The Week

Podcast of the show will be uploaded shortly. I think the protocol will be a separate post for playlists and podcasts; we can usually get the playlists up on the night, but the podcasts are a 24-48 hour proposition. Damn real life!

Comments:
what, what!
I'm humbled beyond recognition for receiving the Beat of the Week this week, although I really think it should've gone to J Dilla.
By the way, I just assumed ownership of the new Wu Tang meets Indie Culture album, and the J Dilla instrumental album 'donuts'. May I recommend both?

I have thought about a little segmet for your show. Maybe I could do a five/ten minute thing where I make a beat and explain how I do it? It'll just work as a track, I just explain how to do it and DO it sort of. Find a sample, make a beat, make a bassline, put on any extra texture, lay vocals etc.

I think it could work
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?